Ecology: Terrariums, observations, pollutants, experiment with pollution, Long Island Sound issues.
- Astronomy: Moon, seasons, time zones, earth's revolution, sun, moon, earth positions, moon phases, tides, eclipses
- Electricity: Automic structure, static electricity, simple circuits, symbols, series and parallel circuits, switches, conductors, resistance, fuses
- Magnetism: Attraction, magnetic fields, measuring force of attraction, repulsion, temporary magnets, separate mixture using magnetism, electromagnetism
- Ocean: Water on the planet, composition of sea water, properties of sea water, mapping the sea floor, water cycle, waves, currents, tides
Language Arts Curriculum:
Language Arts Curriculum in the fifth grade is based on the Readers Workshop Model program focusing on vocabulary, grammar, reading fluency and comprehension skills.
Six themes are covered during the year:
- Energy At Work
- Making A New Nation
- Going West
- Call of Dury
- Our Corner of the Universe
Math Curriculum:Eureka Math - details coming soon
Social Studies and Health Topics are reviewed through the Imagine It! units.Mr. Smith